Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blessings

So I decided that since it is the month of Thanksgiving, I should take some time to remember why I am so blessed. So here it goes:

1. I have an AMAZING family-immediate and extended. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family who does so much for me and loves me!
2. I have the most loyal, wonderful friends in the world! And an amazing boyfriend :)
3. I live in the best country in the world--where so many opportunities are available
4. I attend a great university, where I receive an excellent education
5. I do not have any debilitating diseases and am able to see, hear and walk!
6. I have financial security-a home to live in, food to eat, nice clothes to wear, and a job.
7. I have been born into the gospel, and have a testimony of the happiness it brings!
8. I live in a beautiful place, with gorgeous scenery
9. I have talents that bring me joy, and that I can expand on

Now for the more trivial blessings:
10. my car! --love this thing :) it takes me to wherever I need to go
11. yummy food--i love food, esp. good food. it brings me so much happiness
12. my ipod--music is such a huge part of my life, my favorite is to listen to it while I'm getting ready
13. my cell phone--oh my, what would i do w/out this thing! it's my lifeline to a world outside of BYU...
14. make-up! oh my, how grateful i am for this...
15. television--keeps me updated on my fav. shows
16. computers--amazing invention.

There are so many other things that I could list...this is just a short summary. I'm grateful for this time of year that we have to really think about what we're grateful for, hopefully we can remember that all year round!

1 comment:

jeremyandleslie said...

What? I so expected to be #10 on that first list. I'll add it myself..
#10 Leslie (nuff said!)
just kidding! great list ash! It was fun to talk to you last night and we have some major things to discuss very soon. My brain is going a million miles a minute! Oh the fun we will have! :)