Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"A Collection of Thoughts" By: Ashley L. Vincent...

Thought #1:
I love the fall! Today as I was walking from class, the sun was shining, the leaves were blowing, and it was just an absolute beautiful day. I have been noticing lately how pretty the leaves are getting. Devon and I went on a walk in the canyon on Sunday, and it was just gorgeous! I'm so happy that I live in such a beautiful place.

Thought#2:
Domestication (Is this a word?). This is my new goal. I have found that I rather enjoy cooking and have decided to broaden my cooking horizon's to make a new goal and try cooking new recipes. I would also like to be a bit more crafty, and possibly take up sewing one day. However, it will not be for a while considering school seems to be more important at the moment.

Thought #3:
Throughout my experience working at The Children's Place I have discovered something...the mother's of Utah are beautiful! I see these mom's come in all of the time looking absolutely perfect-dressed well, hair is great-and the amazing thing is that their children look the same. I don't know how they do it...I strive to be like this one day--hopefully that doesn't sound too vein. However, I do realize that other things are much more important.

Thought #4:
Samuel the Lamanite is amazing! Today as I was reading my scriptures I realized just how much courage and guts it must have taken him to preach repentance from the top of a wall. When I realize that the people I so admire in the scriptures are real, I am in awe. I don't know if I would have the strength or gall to do some of the things they do- they are all my heroes :)

Thought #5:
The other day I went to Kung Fu Panda and one line really stuck with me. The old turtle (can't remember his name) said something like "Each day is a gift, that is why it is called the present". (bet you didn't know animated movies were so inspiring!) Anyways, I LOVED that and really think it's true. Each day is truly a gift filled with new adventures, opportunites and blessings-- my new goal is to tr y and realize that, and live accordingly

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Hello! I love your random awesome thoughts! You are so cute! I am very glad we are roommates! I love you tons!

Audrey said...

I LOVE YOU! This is my favorite kind of blog post. The random workings of the mind- that's why blogs are interesting. And when did you see Kung Fu Panda??? I've still never seen it. :(

Emma Lee said...

#5 Sounds like the way you already live! You are such a great gal....I remember that Jane (Richter) had the same phrase hanging in her kitchen and I always loved it.

I loved seeing the fall leaves. Fall is my favorite season and I miss not seeing the leaves turn every year.

Oh yea...and you look great!

Rachel Taylor said...

ashley!!
hey this is rachel spears! Your pumpkin is so cute! My blog is
matthewrachel.blogpsot.com
and i loveee the fall, too and all of the pretty colors =]