Friday, May 23, 2008

One year down!




So, today Brad hits his 1 year mark for his mission! Woohoo! I can't believe he's already been gone a year....boy how time flies. I'm so glad it's this time this year instead of this time last year when I was a crying mess! He is doing just great though! He's so happy and has grown so much. He's been such a faithful writer, and I love getting his letters and hearing about how he's doing and the experiences he's having. Right now he's in a suburb of Perth called Scarborough and has a great companion-they really get along well! They've had a lot of success lately and had about 6 or 7 investigators at church, so he was really excited. I'm so proud of him and how hard he's working and how well he's doing! He's such a good example to me and always makes me want to be better. Dating was different this year.... I would compare everyone to him and no one has quite matched up yet! So I've heard that the 2nd year goes by much faster, and hopefully before I know it he'll be home :).

5 comments:

The Brown's said...

I miss Brad so much-he is my favorite brother ever!! Don't tell Scotty that please!! Ha ha- I was looking at Becky and Wes's blog and I was like Ashley has a blog as well. When it popped up I almost started crying because I thought it was so cute that you had that picture of you and him!! You are so cute Ashley and we all truly are excited to see what happens.

James said...

Ashley,

What is up? I am going to link to your blog, feel free to do the same.

Meghan said...

you guys are so cute together! i just love it. In a few months I'm going to be sad and crying so since you are now experienced you can help me get through it! I love you!

Tay and Teigan said...

hey cute girl! thanks for saying hi. your blog is adorable. and so is this missionary of yours. . . yay for the internet for keeping us all in touch. i'm adding you to my blogging buddies!

hannahshirley said...

You are a strong womannnn.