Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Power of Tithing

Last month I had some tithing to catch up on that turned into quite alot of money! I didn't have much money at the time, but knew I had to pay it. I had faith that things would work out. And as I wrote in my last blog I found out that the job I thought I had didn't need me for a while so I was jobless! I was stressed out because I needed a new job to tide me over to earn some money. So I decided that I would go on my cruise, relax, and tackle the situation as soon as I got home. Well...literally the MINUTE I got off the plane, I received a phone call saying that another girl had suddenly moved and the job I wanted needed me ASAP full time! I was so relieved and so grateful! When I was standing by the baggage claim the thought came to me about how I had paid my tithing in faith that things would be ok...and they were! I was and am so grateful, and truly believe that this opportunity came as a result of my obedience. My grandma told me, "See, someone up above is watching out for you!" I'm so grateful to my Heavenly Father for blessing me with faith promoting experiences and for always looking out for me.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm so happy for you that everything worked out and that you get to start your job! Let me know how it goes! I defiantly agree that obedience brings blessings and paying tithing can only bring about good outcomes.

Tay and Teigan said...

Good for you Ashley. . . I love little moments like that.

KMurray said...

Ashley
This is Sister Kaylene Murray from Kingwood. I stumbled on your blog from some other Kingwoodite blog. I am so excited to see your blog and how you are doing! You look so awesome! Beautiful, happy etc...I am so happy for you it sounds like you are on the right track. I have a blog that tells my adventures over in the middle east I am finally catching up to the world. Take care and keep in touch. My blog is www.stampinkay.blogspot.com